Have you seen the “5 Things” posts showing up on everyone’s blog? Well here’s mine after getting tagged by Christy of fountains of home (one of my favorite, favorite blogs. Seriously, I never miss a post and think Christy and I would be besties IRL, except she lives in Canada and I truly can’t comprehend how anyone survives that kind of cold. But sometimes she does get moose in her yard so…there’s that.)
1. At age 27, married for 7 years with my third child on the way, I still don’t feel like a grown-up. I was telling Daniel how anxious I was to be attending BlissDom next week (hey, will anybody else be there?! Let’s hang out!) because there will be….WOMEN there. As in, grown-up women! Women with organized purses who know what color belt to wear with an outfit! Terrifying! While confiding to him that I didn’t think I could fake being an adult for a whole weekend he did point out that I’m nearing 30 and definitely in the grown up category. But boy, it doesn’t feel like that. Does anybody else have this problem? I feel like an adult fraud.
2. 4 out of the 7 years we’ve been married, Daniel and I have had housemates. We actually really enjoy living in community, but have also enjoyed it just being us since a couple of months after Baby Lucy was born. Mostly because we don’t have to wear pants inside. There’s nothing worse than waking up in the middle of the night and realizing you have to find pants before you can go into the hallway to use the bathroom. NOTHING.
3. The best job I ever had was working at a French Pastry Shop and Chocolaterie. Oh my heavens. Free strong coffee all day, lots of amazing food, and serving mostly thrilled and happy customers. Because who isn’t happy after ordering a Raspberry Almond Croissant fresh out of the oven or a piece of Chocolate Truffle Cream cake? Excuse me, I think I have an errand to run…
4. I don’t really like beer, much to the chagrin of my home-brewing husband. It’s the hops that I don’t like, so some beers are ok. But in general, I would prefer cider, reisling or other sweet wine, or a sweet cocktail. Basically, girly sissy drinks that taste like fruit juice. Yum. See #1 above about how very sophisticated and grown-up I am.
5. I’m a huge baby about being sick. That includes morning sickness, colds, sinus infections, headaches, etc. So you can imagine how much fun I’ve been the past few months: 21 weeks of morning sickness, brief respite, than a month of a cold/sinus infection. Sorry, Daniel! And could someone please get me a colorful cup with that crunchy ice you get at the 7/11, ginger ale, and a special straw? And set me up with some BBC miniseries and tell me I never have to do laundry again? No really, I’m a huge baby about it. Thankfully, I can already tell the antibiotics I started yesterday are kicking in. I HATE taking antibiotics, but after three weeks of being sick and when my teeth hurt so bad from the sinus infection that I was seriously considering asking a dentist to remove the teeth on the right side of my mouth to relieve the pressure…something had to be done.