Family Pics: A First!

FacebookPinterestTwitterEmailGoogle+

Since Benjamin was born in 2009, we haven’t had any photographs taken of our whole family by a real photographer. Last week, my friend Lauren of Simply Inspired Mama took some photos for us and I’m completely in love with them and can’t wait to share my favorites with you!

For a split second, I thought about buying a new dress for our pics. Then I remembered that I hate shopping. I also wanted our pictures to look like us. So, we just wore basically what we wear everyday. I wore my favorite t-shirt and jeans. It’s not glamorous, but it’s me.

We went out to a pretty field in the late afternoon. Lauren had the brilliant idea that we should bring favorite books with us.

I usually hate getting pictures taken, but we had a lot of fun.

I love this one of my two sweetie pies. Daniel’s mom gave Benjamin this shirt and it’s my very favorite. My mom gave me this dress for Lucy before she was born and it’s my favorite thing to dress her in.

I borrowed this quilt from my mom. It was made by her grandmother. I remember cuddling up with it and reading by the fireplace when I was a little girl.

Benjamin is such a nut. He looks like he’s concocting a plan full of mischief.

Love! Books! Quilts! Babies!

Now get ready….

Funniest picture ever. I die every time I think about this. This right here, folks. This is our life. My wild son and my sweet concerned daughter.

Yup. This is our family Fall of 2012. Benjamin is hilarious even in picture form. I’m so grateful that I get to spend each day with these folks. What an adventure.

FacebookPinterestTwitterEmailGoogle+

Comments

1. Lois says

LOVE so much. Lucy is so precious. can’t believe it was a year ago that we were waiting for her to come out!! wow. and the photo ot Benjamin falling is so classic. love you guys!

I know! I’ve been thinking about you guys a lot as the weather has changed. So many great mornings on the porch with a cup of coffee! Love you!

These photos are wonderful! Your friend is a very gifted photographer. She has perfectly captured your family. Love the idea of the beloved quilt, books, wooden chest, and favorite clothing items for the children!

So sweet and so very natural. As a photographer I can truly appreciate how “at home” you all look. I LOVE the photo where the craziness is happening behind you and Daniel – such an epic moment. =)

What wonderful pictures! I love that you chose to go with a comfortable look – not made up as something you’re not just for pictures. So very real and authentic :) You have a lovely family!

Oh! And the books!! I will seriously need to remember that for our next family photos!

5. Carolline says

I love the idea of using your favorite books in the photos. A few years ago I had pictures taken with my kids and wore a dress~you hit it on the head, when you said you wanted your pictures to look like you~They turned out okay but while my kids looked great (when don’t they) I looked absolutely nothing like myself… I will definitely be borrowing your idea! Your pictures turned out fantastic!